Akmar loves Hafiz who loves Akmar

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

The greatest gift ever

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

FOLLOW MINE..I'LL FOLLOW YOURS!!

August 22, 2009

Holy Ramadhan

Today is the first day of Ramadhan. For those who doesn't have any idea what Ramadhan is all about, I'll give a brief meaning of it. Okay first of all, Ramadhan or Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar. All Muslims are fasting during this month, which means they( Muslims) refrain from eating, drinking, smoking, sexual conduct,and indulging in anything that is in excess or ill-natured; from dawn until sunset. Muslims are fasting for the sake of Allah, and to offer more prayer as usual, for example Terawih. Fasting is meant to teach Muslims spirituality, patience and modesty.During Ramaḍān, Muslims ask forgiveness for past sins, pray for guidance and help in refraining from everyday evils, and try to purify themselves through self-restraint and good deeds. Additionally, the dates of Ramadhan vary as compared to solar calendar.

Everyday during Ramadhan, Muslims from all over the world will wake up before dawn to Sahur (the pre-dawn meal), then we perform Subuh prayer. We have to stop eating, drinking or doing whatever that can make our fasting to be fouled before the call prayer starts until Maghrib. Oh, before I forget, fasting also teach us to avoid obscene and irreligious sights and sounds. Ramdhan has so many advantages. It teaches us to have more self-discipline, self-control, sacrifice, empathy, thus encouraging generosity and charity. I love Ramadhan. For me, Ramadhan is a very holy and the most beautiful month compared to other months.

Now it's 5 p.m. already and I have like 2 and a half hours to break the fast. Today I'm going to break the fast with my family. Our menu for today are daging masak lemak cili padi, ikan goreng, sayur kacang goreng pedas and char kuey tiaw. I'm not sure what are we going to have for drinks. Lychee maybe..but I love to have a Ribena juice for my drink. So I have to go out and buy it before Maghrib.

Hurm....actually I'm looking forward to break the fast with him. But since he is at Subang Jaya and I'm at Melaka, how are we going to meet? I can drive there but it will be sort of like unfair because it always have to be me that have to travel miles away just to meet him. Dear...hope you did read this. I really really really want to see you. Okay then. Have to finish today's menu. I love Ramadhan!!! Till then.

0 babbles: