Akmar loves Hafiz who loves Akmar

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

The greatest gift ever

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

FOLLOW MINE..I'LL FOLLOW YOURS!!

June 27, 2010

That's what I called.....

a journey. As I told you yesterday, I have a story to tell. It's about my journey by bus from Melaka to Seremban. A lot of things happened all the way to reach my destination. First, during my journey from Merlimau to Melaka Sentral. It's quite funny when the driver keep on combing his hair and trying to tackle the Miss Conductor. It was like a father wanted to tackle his own daughter. If his wife found out about what he did, his life will be in danger. Totally! Then, the chief conductor came to check our ticket. He kept on complaining to the driver that he had a chest pain that caused him in breathing difficulties. Then the driver asked him why and he answered it's because he quit smoking. The driver showed a weird face. I think I also did the same thing like the driver. People who quit smoking should have no such problem, isn't it? I gave him a smile when he turned at me.

As I arrived at Melaka Sentral, I went straight to the ticket counter. Thank God I reached the counter 5 minutes before 11.30 a.m. Therefore I managed to take the 11.30 a.m. bus to Seremban. But then, I don't have time to purchase the ticket. So the driver said I can wait at the bus and he'll buy me the ticket, which he forgotten. That was the first time I travel without a ticket. I'm lucky as the abang driver had a mercy on me.

Later after that, at the traffic light, I saw something. I really saw it as it was right in front of my eyes. And I started to cry. Here I go again. Feeling those same sensitive feelings again. It was my dad's cab. My ex-dad's-cab.

I remember the time when I was seven or eight years old, my dad bought MAH 4603. After long years of owning that cab, dad had to sell it. I dare to say that it's not fair to sell something that really had a sentimental value. But my dad had to.

I grew up in the middle-class family. Dad is a retired soldier and mom is not working. To support our family expenses, dad drove a cab. I could say that I grew up with that cab. From elementary school to primary and to college and until I got my degree. I'm pretty darn proud of the fact that with the help of that cab, I'm succeed. Not only me, the rest of my siblings too.

When I saw that cab yesterday, the moment of few months back when my dad had to let it go came and broke the calm. It was late after lunch where my dad took his files and documents and hurriedly rushing to the door. The moment after that, all I could see was a man, took that cab away. It happened just like that. My mom and I was speechless. We paused in a silent moment. Then my mom said " There goes the cab. " I could feel tears rolling down on my cheeks.

Letting go is hard to do and it takes effort. There are so many situations in life that require letting go. But letting go is not the end, it's the beginning. The beginning of a whole new life. A better life. Syukur, Alhamdulillah.


Hugs and kisses,

0 babbles: